Pages

Thursday 1 August 2013

It's August on ARTastic ...

and we have another wonderful inspirational challenge for you.

Introducing  ...

Alan Louis  with Splash (watercolour on paper)

I paint mainly with watercolours on paper. Painting is my way of expressing how I appreciate life and the beauty that I see in even the most ordinary and mundane things. Whether I am painting a street scene, river scene, people, landscapes, flowers, even a single leaf, I derive joy and satisfaction from being able to freely express my own interpretations of what I perceive, guided only by my emotions and innermost feelings.

Criteria – Raid the kids craft cupboard or pull out those old watercolour pencils you have had forever - let’s try a little paint and water on our page!  If you don't have specific watercolour paints then by all means use the normal variety but please water these down so the look is more wishy washy.
 
 
Just look at the delightful variations we have from the first of our creative team ...
 


 
 
Please upload the DIRECT link to your actual entry with the link tool on the LEFT by 11.55pm on August 31st, 2013. We'd love to see your paper, digital, card or off the page submissions but please remember we appreciate original entries (you may combine with a sketch or colour challenge).
 
Looking forward to seeing what you all create this month. 

 
Our first Guest Designer for August, Dale Tiernan will be joining us next week.  Please call back to see her take on the challenge for this month. 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. WOW. This is challenging. I agree - great layouts - watercolour pencils are not easy! And the watery effect is difficult! (PS love the Little Gardener)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful groups of happy pages girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ladys .I am here for the first time and I enter some artwork from my sister[she don't have a blog yet]My English is not so good so I hope I hope that I understand your challenge well.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete