Pages

Monday 1 September 2014

And now it's September ...

Oh good grief !!   September????  Already???  What !!

This month we are being inspired by an artwork with a difference.  This amazing piece by 
Dominique Falla called Tipografia and yes this is all about the string !!  Although you may well also be inspired by the words or the colours of the image.


Criteria is to use string or twine on your work


A little about Dominique Falla -  

Dominique Falla is an Australian designer/artist who works in a variety of craft mediums and combines them with a digital aesthetic to make tactile typography pieces. She is currently interested in the New Aesthetic and exploring ways in which the digital world can inhabit the real one using typography.

This month we have two main sponsors - each offering vouchers to their stores.


 Julie from Time to Create




and Kylie from Shop and Crop


and of course every month we also offer a prize pack totally by random draw - this month donated by team member Julie, owner of Time to Create


This month I'd like to introduce and welcome a new member to our team -  the lovely Lizzy Hill.  I am sure many of you have seen and admired the gorgeous work Lizzy creates in the scrappy world - she is super talented and will no doubt inspire you with her amazing designs.  Please check out her blog for more of what she does!

LIZZY
I really loved the texture in the art work, so used a plastic doily with ink sprays to get the background effect. Gelatos coloured it up nicely – once again, taking the tones from the picture. And I simply HAD to ‘adapt’ that saying! So now I have a lovely bit of wall art for my scrap room! The green glittery thread has wire in it, so works well for ‘word art’.

DEB
 I found my inspiration from the colours.

Helene used the lovely muted colours.

This months inspiration picture gives so much opportunity  for ways to get inspired. It was the "blue/pinkish" colours I was drawn to and with the word  "Relax" comes thoughts of home. A  place to "chill" and enjoy the fun of  scrapbooking and paper crafts. A few ribbons of string was added to the canvas as this months criteria is to use string or twine on your project. 

For this page I have used a photo of my girl relaxing on her Dad's leg, inspired by the words from the inspirational piece. I also pulled the colours from the piece and used them on my page. I love twine on my pages; here I have used it as loops behind my flower clusters.
I have an ongoing love affair with fibres. My piece has all sorts of recycled  and reused pieces in it that caught my eye in a quite random way.  The piece is 55cm wide by 62cm long and is destined for my sewing room. Check out the details on my blog and come and have a look at the 3T's post later in the month for some of my fibre tips and ideas.

Please pop back on the 8th for The ARTastic 3T's - Tips, Tricks and Techniques to see how Julie has put this absolutely amazing work together.  I am sure you will be inspired.

Please upload the DIRECT link to your actual entry with the link tool on the LEFT by 11.55pm on September 30th, 2014. We'd love to see your new paper, digital, or off the page entries.  Please no back-dated submissions.  You may combine with a sketch and/or colour/technique challenge and international entries are always welcome.   Remember we are Australian based so you need to allow for the different time zones - if in doubt check our clock.  





2 comments: