Pages

Sunday 15 January 2017

Our January mid month reveal ...

Welcome to our mid month reveal.

Our first inspiration for 2017 is this fantastic painting by Ken Done called Sydney Night.

CRITERIA - A CITY theme

ANNA
Disneyland !! Like a whole city of dreams come true!! I have been inspired of the colors and the whimsical party feeling in the painting. This will be my reminder of always believe in my dreams and to believe in myself.

TONE
 I have tried to make a city-scene ).. inspired by the buildings and colours.)

KAREN
The inspiration I have taken from this Ken Done picture is the colours and the stars.

KAT
I was inspired by the Sydney scene and the shapes and colours in the artwork. I made a cover page for an album about the years that I lived in Sydney. I created a photo collage in the shape of the Sydney skyline and added some wood veneer shapes of the iconic landmarks in the painting.

ANGELIKA
This painting reminded me of chalkboard art and that is where I took my inspiration from- I used chalky pastel colours and chalkboard grey elements.

KRIPA
(joining us in February)

JANE
Inspired by the idea of viewing the Sydney city skyline from the water and knew I had the perfect photos from a cruise my daughter took to see the Vivid light spectacular from a year or so back.  I also knew I wanted to go big so the photo dominated the page and used the colours from the artwork to enhance the photo.

Now it is your turn, we'd love to see your own interpretation ...

Remember we happily accept all forms of paper crafting for your entry including digital and encourage international submissions. All we ask is that you create something new for our challenge and only combine your entry with a sketch challenge. We offer two prizes determined by team vote and one other prize selected purely by random draw - so anyone can be a winner regardless of style or level of experience. You have until 11.55pm on the last day of the month to submit your entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment