Pages

Friday 13 November 2009

Here is a Tadema interpretation from one of our regulars......

Natalie Elphinstone - Hugh's 60th

This is what Natalie said.......I've scrapped a LO of my mother and father-in-law at his recent birthday party. I took inspiration directly from the painting to create my background (notice the horses?!) and the flowers up the side. I wanted to create a lot of texture and dimension in this LO as I plan to frame it in a shadow-box and give it to them as a thank-you gift for everything they do for us. Oh, and my mother-in-law is part Greek, so she's my 'Greek woman!'

Hi Natalie! What a fantastic take on the challenge love the background with the horses, love all your embellishments from the old fashioned gas light to your picket fence and little owl. It will be a beautiful treasured gift... thats for sure! Cheers Shazza

5 comments:

  1. Oh that's a great LO Natalie. I love the lamp-post and your handmade flowers are gorgeous! A wonderful interpretation.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you can see it was inspired by the pic - great layout

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous interpretation Natalie! You have such a beautiful style... I love the texture and dimension you are able to create! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love everything about this layout!!!!!beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww what a beautiful lo. Love it all

    Much Love Katy xx

    ReplyDelete