Pages

Tuesday 31 August 2010

Irit Shalom...our Guest DT member for September

I'm so happy to introduce Irit Shalom our Guest DT member for September.


Irit has been a regualar contributor to Artastic challenges for many months, I love her creative and diverse scrappy style. Let's here more about her.......

Hi!! I am IRIT and I am from sunny ISRAEL. In my "real life" I have been a dentist, but for last 3 years I do it as a part time job, because I need some extra time to run my Israeli online scrap shop and I have a lot of fun doing something else after 25 years of teeth. I have been married for 28 years to a retired high police officer and the full time family cook these days. I am a mom to 4 grown ups: 2 sons and twin daughters and the empty nest is probably the main reason for my obsession for crafting - finally I have some time for myself. My oldest son is a high army officer and recently married. The second one is " a world traveler" - for last 4 years after his army service he is out of Israel for at least 9 months a year. This year he lives in Spain and works there. My twins are in their second year of college and my scrapbooking inspiration. I need to say that I have been totally addicted to crafting since I was a little girl. For many years it was polymer clay and jewelry making, but after I've seen scrapbook LO for the first time in my life (only 5 years ago during my visit to USA) I understood finally that I am in love with paper. Today I mostly scrap and do altered art and less a card making. I am a real challenge blogs frick, made about 7-8 DT on challenge blogs. I also design for UK chipboard company named Tando creative, Gingersnap creations challenge blog - mostly mixed media art and I am in SNR WEB MAGAZINE staff. I was published in print in Israel several times and was published in every possible web magazine during the last year. Finally my other addiction is..... folk dancing. So if I am not in my crafting room- I am probably dancing If you want to see a bit of my work you can visit my blog. HAVE A GREAT DAY!! XOXO

http://iritshalom.blogspot.com/

Here are some of Irit's beautiful scrapbook pages -

Spring of Love

Beautiful

My Sis or Mona Lisa?

Friends

My Angels

What a beautiful selection of your layouts Irit... I think my favourite is 'My Sis or Mona Lisa?, just love that photo and the extension of the brickwork and all the flowered jewels you added.

Which is your favourite layout?

Here is the Rak prize that is up for grabs from Irit!


Unity monthly kit worth $39 (MSRP) in USA

Please make Irit welcome

Cheers
shazza

10 comments:

  1. Well I cannot pick which one I like the best, they are all beautiful, you are very talented Irit and how wonderful to be on so many Dt's and also run your own scrap store. Welcome as DT for the month, your work is divine. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Irit..your work is beautiful.....
    angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your style is so beautiful!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Irit, welcome and congrats with your GDT spot! I love all of your work, but my definite fave is the "Mona Lisa" one ... that one's just amazingly gorgeous!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome!!
    your have beautiful layouts!!
    (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Irit, congratulations on your GDT spot! I've always been an admirer of your scrapbook style. I remember your LO, Beautiful and I think it's still one of my favorites!
    Hugs, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. i super love irit!!!!!!!!!! i super love my sis or mona lisa too (this has been pubbed over at scrapstreet.com mag over at chic street column (wink, wink) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

    congrats on the gdt stint girly!!!! you sooooo deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on your GDT position... your work is stunning... soft, whimsical and feminine! Love your layout "Beautiful"... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining us this month. :O)
    I love you pages... so full of sh-tuff, my favorite kind! Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What super dooper work Irit!1 Love all your LO's but the Sis or Mona Lisa is divine! Love seeing your work as it pops up!

    ReplyDelete