Pages

Sunday 31 October 2010

Our next submission comes from.....

Lisa Hanrahan - DayDream


Dear Shazza,
Here is my take on the "Beach" by Chris Wake. I have included all of the criteria; a spade and bucket, birds and a family beach photo. I have kept the layout in soft white and off white tones like the background of the painting. I included a scalloped arch as the painting background had a hint of this shape too. I have also used the colours of the swimming costumes of the people in the painting for the main flower - white, red and black. Thank you for the challenge for this month! Cheers, Vanilla xxx

An absolutely gorgeous submission this month Lisa! love how you did the scalloped background arch...it looks great. I love the photo of the girls with their backs to us...it adds a sense of dreaminess to the layout. Love your cluster of flowers and all your added embellies! Fantastic! Cheers Shazza

9 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous interpretation of the artwork Vanilla, love your colours, & papers, & beautiful photo. Magical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning use of those gorgeous papers Lisa, I too love the arch in the scolloped background, and love the photo taken frome behind. Great job. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Shazz and Mel, I too love that scalloped background arch, it adds so much interest to the page! The colours you used are beautiful and I too really like that picture. Beautiful LO!!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the shabby feeling on this page lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just love everything here.....just a great page,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those papers are just yummy... and the little bucket at the corner of the photo... so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a romantic beautiful lo! I love the angle of the photo and the dp are fab! Great take on this one1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, this is a gorgeous LO! What a beautiful picture you started with and I love that scalloped PP and that great flower flourish! Just stunning!
    Hugs, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the papers included in that scalloped border! The photo is so peaceful too! Lovely stuff!
    M

    ReplyDelete