Pages

Sunday 31 October 2010

Who is it going to be this time........

Peggy Schenkels - Walk with Me

Hi Shazza,
The picture features me as a two-year old walking the shore line with my dad and my granddad. I used a quote I've used before on an art journal page but which I thought went perfectly with this picture: "Every child needs a gentle hand, to guide them as they grow". Isn't that beautiful?
I've used a lot of different papers, something I don't do very often but I seemed to have no say in the matter this time. Do you ever have that feeling, as if you have absolutely no control over what you're making??? Strange ...
However, the LO just didn't come together until I added the seagulls and the beach embellies, that really finished off the page. I didn't have any of those embellies, so I drew all of them. Your challenges with all these criteria seem to always stretch my imagination that little bit farther Shazz, and I so thank you for that!

xxx Peggy

Peggy! Your page is a delight it really has come together beautifully. ! love the quote you used aswell, and it is just perfect to use with your pic of you and your dad and granddad. This is definately one of my new favourites of your! I love your hand drawn embellies, they look fantastic. I love this layout to pieces!! - Shazza

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous drawn embellishments Peggy, you are a clever chickie. A warm & tender photo, a marvellous title & quote, fab embellies, all add up to a wonderful LO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely know this feeling and have done that myself on occassions but you rocked it, the drawn embellies are just perfect and I don't mix manufacturers much either but this is super gorgeous, I love it. Love the fussy cutting. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sweety, this is once again one of my favorites,(I don't know which one to choose anymore). You'r an unbelievably talented scrapper and I want to learn so much from you.
    Big hugs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, this is so fabulous!!! Absolutely love all the mix of papers - they work so well together. And I can't get over the fact that you actually hand-drew all those gorgeous embellishments. This is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful page lovely details and cool papers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is stunning, love the title, gorgeous photo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great picture to scrap... that quote is perfect too. I'm reallly loving those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning layout! The mix of dp is great and all those embellishments are just the perfect touch!
    Way to go for the hand cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, Peggy! Love the mixed media feel of this LO, and all of your handrawn embellies-just gorgeous!
    Hugs, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe, Always love reading your blurbs about your pages! I was wondering about those pants then read that it was of you, and I realised... ahhh the seventies! Three generations, I love that! Looks like a great deal of cutting out work in this month's challenge, really awesome! Your drawings are fab, they really personalise your page!
    M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow... what can I say? More than a layout... a gorgeous piece of art! This is stunning! xxx

    ReplyDelete