Pages

Thursday 2 December 2010

Lets see who is next.........

Debi Clark - Our Magical English Christmas


Wow Shazza, what a profound painting this was of
Botticelli!! Full of colour & wings & love, &
that is what I have used as my inspiration.

I have scrapped a photo of my man & lovely
daughter at Christmas, a few years ago when we
visited England. Our daughter was working over
there & having never travelled OS it gave us the
'push' to go. It was freezing cold, but yet so
english & so lovely, we had a marvellous time!!

I have included all the criteria I believe &
enjoyed doing so I might add! I have made a stable
out of twigs off a tree in my garden, & that was
inspiration from my scrapping friend Melinda Spinks.
I have hand cut 2 little angels, & embossed some
chippie pieces just to help set the scene. I
had fun sanding the Core-dinations cardstock,
to give a mottled effect & ended up with a rustic,
yet precise LO.

Many thanks again for a great challenge,

Love Deb x
Deb! I loved your interpretation of the painting .....and your handmade twig stable is just the best, I love the chipboard pieces you embossed too, its come together beautifully...Well done!
Cheers Shazza

10 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous stable! How wonderfully creative of you. I like all the chipboard pieces as well. This is a page I would love to see in real life! Well done Deb!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the twigs to make the stable, how clever, and I agree with Pet, pet the dimension looks fantastici IRL. Great work. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a brilliant concept, totally love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is fun cool details and a wonderful stable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stable is fantastic... I love the chippie embellishments and the angels too! I may need to get out my sanding block again - what a great idea to sand back the cardstock! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aye, a truly inspired idea to construct your own stable! It looks amazing! The gold pieces tie it all together well too, especially the textural feel that lovely piece of hessian creates. Lovely page!
    M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Deb that stable is classic! I love it and it's such a creative element on your beautiful page! Another top LO!

    Shelee xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome stable, Deb! Love the Prima flower and those cute angels! This is a wonderful LO!
    Hugs, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you incorporated the Dusty Attic chippies! Beautifu layout:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rustic indeed and a FAB job too. I so want to touch and feel... great stable idea!
    ~Sarah~

    ReplyDelete