Pages

Tuesday 8 April 2014

April 3T's ...

Welcome to our April round of ARTastic 3T's - Tips, Tricks and Techniques where each month one of our creative team will show you are few quick tips and/or techniques to use on your layouts.

This month we feature team member Debi Clark.


Hello & Welcome to my 3 T's for April for ARTastic  by Debi Clark

My Tip is a very simple one, and that is ... Get Your Punches Out!

I cannot throw out offcuts of any glorious scrapbooking paper,
so with the smaller pieces I get out my punches and make a heap of shapes that you can journal on, add as an embellishment, make into a flower – limitless really!

They are all ready for a page, or a card, or an album. Alternately just trim up your pp into squares/rectangles/triangles and then they are all ready for a page, or a card, or an album.





My Trick is again another simple one ... just stick it down, how you like it!

Make your layout or card or canvas, just for you because if you are happy with your project, then it might be one to give away!  I know the recipient will be happy too! Yes, make it just how you’d like it for you!


My Technique is also quite simple and it is one that I have used for a few years and relates to my tip … using those paper off cuts in a journal.

My daughter bought me a La-De-Dah album made by Grant Studio’s (available at Big W or Kmart for Aussie gals), for Christmas, and it is lovely to use this and it is just for me, again! Previously I have just used generic A5 notebooks.


My truly messy desk works well for me …
I find amazing things hiding on there!










Here you can see the cover, and I then added my embellies ... including a photo of little me.












I adhered the punched/cut shapes along with some Kaisercraft or Basic Grey journal tags, and embellies then used a 6 Word Memoir, for each day …just 6 words to sum up what has been going on in my life. Plus I write myself little messages.









Here is a link for some other 6 Word Memoirs you might enjoy -







I am not a Project Lifer, as such but I do have some cards which I like to use up.  There are photo spots in the album so I used a card and some bits to liven it up. 




And then added in some tags, embellishments and punched circles.



Hope you have enjoyed this little read ... happy scrappin'!

Debi




Have fun using your scraps and  punches to create your own stockpile of useful bits. I know I would feel so much better looking at a nice bowl full of tags, circles and scalloped shapes than a boxful of paper offcuts.

Don't forget this month's challenge - details in the left sidebar.  Remember you have until the end of the month to submit your entry.

4 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous idea....really, really inventive & clever & what a WONDERFUL use for those scraps of paper...thank you SOOO much for sharing:):) LOOOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your 3Ts Debi. Your album looks amazing and tfs your tips and tricks. So much great stuff to learn and find here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - can't afford to chuck out offcuts of scrapping paper! I love what you've done here, and the commitment to the 6 word memoire daily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great, Deb. Love your little album.

    ReplyDelete