Pages

Thursday 8 May 2014

May 3T's ...

Welcome to our May round of ARTastic 3T's - Tips, Tricks and Techniques where each month one of our creative team will show you are few quick tips and/or techniques to use on your layouts.  This month we feature team member Helene Bogren.


Mixed Media Flowers by Helene Bogren.

We all have different scrap styles and when I saw this month challenge I realized I have not used flowers for ages. Of course I could show you a tutorial on how to make a homemade flower anyway, but I thought I might not be the only one, so I chose to make a tutorial on how to make simple “mixed media flowers” instead. These flowers were really easy to make.

First I stamped some flowers on my background. Make sure to use water proof ink.


Then I colored them with water color, which is my favorite mixed media product at the moment. Water colors give your layout a soft feeling even if you use colorful shades. They are also transparent so a patterned background paper can shine through.



The last step was to decorate the page. Personally I prefer a more “rough” look and I use stamps and washi tape to create that. In order to let the flowers play the main role I only used three embellishments this time.


Here is the final result ...




Simply gorgeous Helene and so very effective.  Hope you all have fun trying this fab technique.


Don't forget this month's challenge - details in the left sidebar.  Remember you have until the end of the month to submit your entry.


6 comments:

  1. Wonderful technique. So glad you shared!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Helene, I was so impressed with that LO & now for you to show me how, I will definatley give it a try. Watercolour is so gorgeous a media isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant 3T's Helene, I love the flower stamping and the water colourings. It looks fab when stamping over the different layers...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty page. Love d way d photo still is d main focus. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete