Pages

Tuesday 1 December 2015

Our final challenge for 2015 ...

as our final month of the year rolls on through ... Welcome to December!

This month we hope to inspire you in a festive way with this beautiful painting by Alice Ju called Merry Christmas.


CRITERIA is the use of GOLD on your work

A little about Alice Ju ...

Alice Ju’s artworks are best known for her photo-realistic and dramatic colour, emphasising the radiant splendor of both the urban and natural world. She confidently employs dynamic artistic mediums in her works including oil paint, watercolour, acrylic, pastel, charcoal and pencil.
Alice was classically trained under renowned Australian artist, Kay Maloney.
Alice’s artworks have been displayed in various art galleries and public exhibitions including Mosman Art Gallery, Drummoyne Art Society and NSW Transport Public Art Exhibition. Her stunning works are regularly featured in support of charities and other non-profit organisations including the Exodus Foundation and the LEAD Group. Alice is the founder and director of Creative Einstein Education, a private education centre located in Campsie, NSW.

And now some inspiration from the first of our team ...

LIZZY

That gold bow really took my eye. As did the colours and the circle shapes. So that's what I used!

ELAINE
Every December, my Dad and Mum come and spend a number of weeks at a caravan park close to us.  My parents live 4 hours from us so it has become a special time for the kids to spend with their Grandparents. The caravan park hosts the local brass band for a Christmas concert which we love going to. So that was the photos for my page. I love the gold and red baubles together in the inspiration painting and so I  went for those colours myself. I just bought gold glitter paper so it was perfect for this month. I ran it through my cuttlebug for the title, frames and the star. I glued on little gold sequins to finish off the page.

JO
I've used Gold Texture Luxe with a Star stencil on the background, gold ribbon and dashes of Inka Gold the flowers & leaves. I also added the word Hope in shiny gold paper.

DEB
I have used the round baubles and bow as inspiration for my layout and used a photo of a Christmas decoration.  

JANE
I was inspired by the Christmas decoration theme and have highlighted one of the Christmas Angels we have on our tree each year made by my daughter when she was in Year 6.  I have used splashes of gold and some gold embellishments.


And now it is your turn ......

Please upload the DIRECT link to your actual entry with the link tool on the LEFT by 11.55pm on December 31st, 2015.  We'd love to see your new paper, digital, mixed media or off the page entries. Why not try doing a pocket page spread?  Please no back-dated submissions.  

 You may combine our challenge with a sketch and a product/technique challenge (so two additional challenges).  Please include our inspirational picture and challenge details on your blog post as well as provide a link back to us at ARTastic  ... and don't forget to tell us how you were inspired by our challenge.  

You may enter more than once in any month as long as each submission is with a different creation.  International entries are very welcome. 


Please pop back on the 8th for our November winners. 
 We are taking a little break from The ARTastic 3T's - Tips, Tricks and Techniques this month but will be back again in the new year. 


4 comments:

  1. Great inspiration ladies !!! YAY !! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous inspiration and DT projects! I love "circles" so I'm hoping I can get some time to play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely inspirations girls
    Mary

    ReplyDelete