Pages

Tuesday 15 November 2016

Our mid month reveal ...

Welcome to our mid month reveal.

This month we feature The Summer House by Hilda Rix Nicholas.

CRITERIA - VINTAGE style

Vintage can be as simple as using some oldie worldie style papers and adding in some lace or ribbon, flowers and buttons or if you love working in a vintage style, the sky really is the limit.

MARY
I love vintage, but found it hard to photograph this . I think it looks better IRL. I was inspired by the two ladies and the hat. This is a photo of my two aunts (sisters) . They were at my eldest brothers wedding , hats must have been the go back then, as all the guests had hats on !

TONE
 I was inspired by the blue and wood.

ANNA
I have used the colors and the orange flowers from the painting as inspiration. I am not a vintage person so this is really a challenge for me but I think I have got it a bit vintage yet with the doiley, buttons and flowers.

KAREN
My inspiration has come from the vintage feel of the painting and the colours.

ANGELIKA
My inspiration was the pastel colour- particularly the pink, and the vintage style. The vintage ladies inspired the choice of paper. I tried to bring out the light, airy feel of the painting in my layout.

KAT
Vintage is also hard for me so I have gone for a card as well........I was inspired by the colours (lots of teal with pops of blue, pink and orange), the flowers and the lattice pattern.

JANE

I was drawn to the colours in this artwork and added in touches of vintage with buttons, pearls, twine, butterflies and a prominent daisy.

Now it is your turn, we'd love to see your own interpretation ...

Remember we happily accept all forms of paper crafting for your entry including digital and encourage international submissions. All we ask is that you create something new for our challenge and only combine your entry with a sketch challenge. We offer two prizes determined by team vote and one other prize selected purely by random draw - so anyone can be a winner regardless of style or level of experience. You have until 11.55pm on the last day of the month to submit your entry.

Please pop back on the 22nd when we introduce you to our November Guest Designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment