Pages

Tuesday 1 August 2017

Say hello to August ...

This month our inspiration comes to you from Joshua Miels with Illustrations.  I love this painting - so many possible ways to interpret it!

CRITERIA - Black and White PLUS One (any colour)


A little about Joshua Miels ...


Joshua Miels is a contemporary portrait artist who looks to capture the vulnerability of people and the emotions that people try to hide from others. Spending countless hours adding layer upon layer of paint Joshua produces artworks that are not only striking, but deep and powerful. Painted predominantly with oil paint, each piece begins with a subject, but with a large amount of experimentation, each art piece takes on its own journey from start to finish. The pieces challenge viewers to draw upon their own emotions and personal experiences.



This year we are putting the ART back into ARTastic and our main prize each month will reflect that - this month featuring some pretty products from Kaisercraft.

And as always a lovely prize pack for our random draw winner ...

Donated by Maria Shakhova

And now some beautiful inspiration from the first of our team ...


EVELYN
I was inspired by the scribbly painting, I wanted to copy it a little bit with some stamping.

TANYA

MARIA
I made ATCs about my city. I was inspired by the color of the picture and the abstraction.

HELENE
I used black and white with gold/sand. Those colors are perfect to make a summer feeling.

ELAINE
This painting reminded me of this photo, so I knew I had to use it. And I couldn't go past using teal with black and white. I mixed mist in with gesso to help create my background. Lots of little elements to surround the photo as the faces are surrounded in the painting.

JUDY
 I have used green, black and white and was inspired by the blended effects in the painting.

TRACEY

From the moment I saw this art inspiration I wanted to try a photo transfer so I could in bed it in the background paint effects. I had the photo copied onto ordinary paper with a laser copier. It must be toner ink not cartridge ink for it to work. I then covered the front of the image with heavy gel medium and stuck it face down onto the layout. Wait for it to totally dry, then wet the paper and rub off. I have used acrylic paint, inks and house paint on the back ground with some stamps both in Ink and Paint.


Over to you ......

Please upload the DIRECT link to your actual entry with the link tool on the LEFT by 11.55pm on August 31st, 2017.  We'd love to see your new paper, digital, mixed media or off the page entries. Why not try doing a pocket page spread?  Please no back-dated submissions.  

 Please note:- You may combine our challenge with a sketch challenge only - no other combining will be accepted.  Please include our inspirational picture and challenge details on your blog post as well as provide a link back to us at ARTastic  ... and don't forget to tell us how you were inspired by our challenge.  You may enter more than once in any month as long as each submission is with a different creation.  International entries are very welcome. 


Please call past on the 8th for our announcement of the July winners and our ARTastic 3T's - Tips, Tricks and Techniques for August

1 comment: