Pages

Friday 1 September 2017

Hi there September ...

This month our inspiration comes to you from Peter Graham with this bright and vibrant painting called Monaco Coast.

CRITERIA - Use paint on your work

This month we are going to relax our rules so you may combine your entry with other challenges.

A little about Peter Graham ...

Peter Graham was born in Sydney, but lives and works in Melbourne, Australia. From a very young age he decided on becoming an artist.  He graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts (Painting) from Victoria College, Melbourne. He has had 13 solo exhibitions with Tolarno Galleries, Melbourne, and Kaliman galleries, Sydney.

He has participated in numerous group exhibitions across Australia and internationally at the British Museum, London. Peter Graham's artworks are included in the Australian National Gallery, the British Museum, the National Gallery of Victoria, the Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA) Sydney, the Art Gallery of Western Australia, and several regional and university collections.

This year we are putting the ART back into ARTastic and our main prize each month will reflect that - this month featuring amazing products from Kaisercraft.
And as always a lovely prize pack for our random draw winner ...
Donated by Evelyn Walter

And now some beautiful inspiration from the first of our team ...

TANYA
I thought I should scrapbook this recent photo of my daughter. This photo was taken on the Monaco Coast. I have used water paint on my layout.

HELENE
I have used acrylic paint at the background to give an illusion of brush marks.

TRACEY
I have used Ken Oliver Colour burst pigment powders and Dylusions sprays for this back ground. I also used some gel prints to stamp on and make the feathers. Memory Maze chipboard for the frame and title.

ELAINE
I have gone with the beach theme. For my background, I used water paint which I first painted on clear acetate and then rubbed on to my page. I have also used texture paint with a cross stencil and lastly misted some yellow on top.

JUDY
I was inspired by the theme of the water and the bright oranges and yellows in the foreground and have used acrylic paints speed with a palette knife and then through a stencil.

EVELYN
Oh, what a wonderful summer scene! I wanted to make a summery project too and made these art journal pages in my "faces" journal. I used acrylic paint in the colors of the reference picture. I´ll show you some ways to use acrylic paint at the 8th, so come back to see more!

MARIA
I was inspired by the theme of the sea! I used watercolor paints to create a background.

Over to you ......

Please upload the DIRECT link to your actual entry with the link tool on the LEFT by 11.55pm on September 30th, 2017.  We'd love to see your new paper, digital, mixed media or off the page entries. Why not try doing a pocket page spread?  Please no back-dated submissions.  

 Please note:- You may combine with other challenges.  Please include our inspirational picture and challenge details on your blog post as well as provide a link back to us at ARTastic  ... and don't forget to tell us how you were inspired by our challenge.  You may enter more than once in any month as long as each submission is with a different creation.  International entries are very welcome. 


Please call past on the 8th for our announcement of the August winners and our ARTastic 3T's - Tips, Tricks and Techniques for September

No comments:

Post a Comment